Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Room Prepartions Began

Yes, I know a whole nine weeks of school has passes since I posted something here, but I got so wrapped up in school stuff and my family life, that I forgot to take you on my journey with me! BUT....It is fall break and I am ready to catch you up.

Lets go back to the days when I was getting my room prepared for those sweet babies to walk in the door. I started by doing some deep cleaning. I could not even think about unpacking boxes and puttin up boards until my furniture was in place and my room had been cleaned. Take a look at the before and after pictures of the sink in my room.
                                                                                                                                                                 
  

It is amazing what a scouring pad and some baby oil can do for stainless steel sink. Much better!!!

Then I did a little repair job to the table and chair set that was left for me. It had a lot of rips in the top and seats. I just used some fabric to recover and I thought they turned out really well. I decided it would be great for my Listen to Reading center.


Then I got started on a bulletin board and ran out of border. I searched 3 Dollar Tree's and nobody had it anymore. A sweet teacher that I have never met saw my distress call on our teacher Face Book page and came to my rescue. I believe this is the before I picture I posted for them. 


Above is my daily 5 tracking chart. This will be my first year using it, but I am so pumped and can't wait to share my results with you.



Here is the writing center! I know it will be many months before we are ready to use it. But  I was pretty proud of the turn out!

Well...I am off to run some errands and will add more info soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment